Halloween is a lot of fun, especially for children. It is also one of the most dangerous nights of the year. Here are 7 tips to make sure the scares remain all in fun.
For Trick or Treaters
- Be Visible – Carry a flashlight; apply light-reflecting material to costumes.
- Stay Together – Travel in groups, stay in well-lit areas and cross only at corners – never between parked cars.
- Inspect Childrens’ Treats – Never eat unwrapped items. Throw away any suspicious candy.
- Keep jack-o-lanterns away from areas where children may tip them over or get too close. Even better: use battery-operated lights.
- Remove lawn furniture and other obstacles from your yard. Children don’t always use the sidewalk.
- Keep pets inside and away from the door. Halloween night can be stressful, even on the friendliest pet.
On The Road
- Drive more slowly and carefully than usual. Children may be running, wearing dark costumes, or darting into the street. And , of course, drive sober!