Sometimes, staying apart means staying safe. That includes when you buy insurance, file a claim, and repair vehicles or property.
People value stability in uncertain times. Insurance delivers. You can do your insurance business in a low-contact, safe manner. You don’t have to sacrifice personal advice and service. Here’s how.
GET NO-TOUCH INSURANCE QUOTES
- Get insurance quotes online. Most insurance agencies and companies offer online auto and home insurance quotes. Enter information about your vehicles and property and get quotes back. A good independent insurance agency can deliver several quotes at once. That helps you compare.
- Get advice, not just quotes. It’s hard to know if you’re asking for the proper coverage online, or to compare the quotes you receive. That’s why most people prefer to consult an agent before they actually buy a policy. A tech-savvy insurance agent should be available by text, video or real-time chat as well as phone and email.
BUY INSURANCE REMOTELY
- Read and sign documents electronically with e-mail, text and e-signature. These tools allow you to read and sign applications from anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device.
- Use contactless payment. Most insurers accept credit cards or electronic checks using your bank account info. No need to leave home and go to the insurance office.
AVOID INSURANCE PEOPLE COMING TO YOUR HOME
Many insurers allow customers to complete a self-inspection. That usually involves answering questions about your home’s systems and emailing pictures.
In case of a claim, avoid an insurance company appraiser’s visit. Email or upload photos of your damage to the insurance adjuster.
CONTACT-FREE INSURANCE SERVICE and PAYMENTS
- Use mobile apps. Most insurers have them. Download and use them to request changes, check on billing, make payments and file claims.
- Don’t want to use an app? You can do many of the same things over the phone, email, video or text chat with your agent.
GET VIRTUAL INSURANCE COVERAGE REVIEWS
Modern tools allow you to meet virtually with your Insurance agent. They can even share documents with you by video. You can get personal service and answers to your questions quickly and safely, without leaving home.
DOWNLOAD INSURANCE DOCUMENTS
You don’t have to go into the insurance office to get policy documents. Here are some other ways:
- Your insurance company’s app. Get documents on your mobile device.
- Register for an insurance company account. Set one up and download the documents to your computer.
- Use your agency account. Tech-forward insurance agencies offer online access. These allow you to view your policy information and download insurance documents.
- Ask your agent to email or text your document to you.
FILE CLAIMS FROM THE SCENE
- Report online. Use your insurer’s mobile app to start a claim. Or register for a free account with your insurance company, and file online.
- Call the insurance company directly to report your claim.
- Call your agent who can explain your coverage, answer questions and help you file a claim.
DON’T SACRIFICE PERSONAL SERVICE
One advantage of having a local agent is that we know you and live where you do. That’s more important than ever in this era of physical separation.
Noyes Hall & Allen Insurance is a forward-thinking agency. We’ve invested in tools and ideas to provide personal advice to you easily and safely. Do you prefer text, video, phone, or a combination of all? Any way, you can get a local agent’s trusted insurance advice without venturing to our office.
Are you looking for a Maine insurance agent who can serve you safely in uncertain times? Call a Noyes Hall & Allen Insurance agent in South Portland at 207-799-5541. Or visit noyeshallallen.com.