Progressive Insurance’s Snapshot auto insurance discount launches in Maine today, featuring rates up to 30% less than before. Our South Portland, Maine insurance agency has been certified to sell this ground-breaking safe driving and low-mileage auto insurance discount. It features a small device that you install in your vehicle, which monitors your driving habits and may provide an auto insurance discount depending upon the results.
Our March 15 blog post featured a detailed explanation of Progressive’s Snapshot auto insurance discount, along with our opinion about it. We received a lot of compliments about that review, from other agents, vendors – even Progressive itself.
Is it Right For You?
The answers to these 5 questions will probably tell you.
1. Do you avoid driving regularly between midnight and 4am?
2. Do you avoid driving in heavily congested traffic?
3. Do you drive fewer than 8,000 miles a year?
4. Are you a “patient driver” (rarelybrake hard or accelerate rapidly)?
5. Will you plug a device into your car that automatically reports your driving information directly to your insurance company?
If you answered “yes” to 2 or 3 of the first 4 questions, Snapshot may be a good fit for you. If you answered “no” to question 5, forget it; you can only earn Snapshot discounts by installing (and leaving) the device in your vehicle. Remember, Snapshot is optional, and you can choose which of your vehicles you want to enroll in the discount program.
Your Maine Progressive insurance agent can advise you best. If you live in the Portland, Maine auto insurance market, call Noyes Hall & Allen at 207-799-5541. If you’re outside our market area, call your local Progressive agent.